Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Spiders, Froggies, and Beavers?! Oh my!!

So with our kiddos all snuggled and snoozing in their beds, my hubby and I decide to take our glass of blackberry wine and head out to the porch armed with our trusty baby video monitor.(Man you gotta love those things!)The weather was just right,the stars were twinkling,and the frogs were croaking. So with the dogs at our sides we decide to stroll around the yard discussing where to plant our roses.Well as were walking we see a small dark blur take off and of course our dogs sprint behind it. So what do we do? We follow the dogs of course! Now it's dark and we can't see, but suddenly this blur which we were thinking was a cat now jumps into the pond. Okay now were really thinking what in the *$%* is that?! The dogs are still going crazy and trying to jump into the pond behind it, at this point were thinking it's a duck, and then it growls. What kind of duck growls? So Bob goes poking through the trees and bushes along the bank until finally he gets a look at our blur, and it's a BEAVER! So while the babies were peacefully sleeping Mommy and Daddy were chasing beavers. To top it off while I go stumbling along tripping over tree branches and rocks I walk through a BIG spider web, scream, run, and spend the rest of the night thinking there are spiders on me. We had a great laugh at our moonlit adventure, and went to bed talking about Spiders, Frogs, and Beavers. Then when I woke up this morning I had a spider bite on my arm, and I yell at my husband "See, I told you there was a spider on me!" And to think if we still lived in the city we wouldn't be chasing beavers. =O)

No comments:

Post a Comment