Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Annabelle the disappearing goat...


 
  My little,sweet,diaper wearing house goat is gone, and I just don't know what to do.She disappeared Saturday evening, just vanished with out a trace. I take her outside so she can play,nibble grass, and spend time around the other goats. She loves to help me garden, she and I had been weeding that afternoon, but she decided she'd rather play with the dogs. I watched her as she chased behind the dogs, and as the all took turns loving on her. We were always careful to keep a close eye on her, we had learned before how quickly she could run out and get lost. She was following the bigger goats,when she got left behind, but lucky for us the dogs quickly found her.

  When I finished up in the garden,  Annabelle was still right there nibbling grass, and playing with the dogs. She had found some really yummy weeds, and I decided I would quickly run in a wash my hands. I went into the house, as I was drying my hands my husband came home, and we talked for a few minutes when it hit me Annabelle was still outside. I went out side expecting her to be upset with me for leaving her, but she was gone. I walked around calling out to her, but she didn't answer. The more I looked the more I panicked. My husband said that he saw when he pulled up and that she was with the dogs. So I thought maybe she followed them and got left behind, but that just seemed odd.
  
I worried that she might have followed the dogs up towards the road where someone saw her and picked her up. I was so angry with myself. How could I have left her alone?!
I walked and walked until I was numb from the cold and the battery in my flashlight went dead.There were no signs of her anywhere. At one point I swore I could hear near our neighbors house but I couldn't see her. I guess sometimes we hear what we want to hear. Kylie and I stumbled and shivered our way back to the house with no Annabelle.

Needless to say I didn't sleep much that night. I kept thinking about her, and worrying about her. So as soon as I woke up, I started looking for her again, but still nothing. Not one sign of her anywhere! So we began asking the neighbors if anyone had seen her, and asking them to call us if she turned up. No one claims to have seen her.One of our neighbors has said some rather odd things, and to top it off when I thought I heard her that night it was right next to his house. We are pretty sure at this point that someone has taken her, and we will continue our efforts to find her.

For now we're left wondering though... Where? Oh, where could my sweet Annabelle be?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my....just reading this. Did you find her? I have lost animals under similar circumstances and I understand the pain and the torture of not knowing. I hope you did find her.

    Marilyn Collins (collins.marilyn@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete