Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Farm Girl Blues

  I kept meaning to blog this week,I had some great fall recipes I thought I would share, but I've been in kind of a funk the last few days. It's cough and cold season, we have a house full of sick little ones, and then we lost a sweet little doe named Mocha.So it seems all of that brought on a serious case of the "Farm Girl Blues". I admit that losing animals is a very hard thing for me, and all that talk about it gets easier... well NOT for me. Each time I struggle to do everything I can right up until the last minute, even when I know deep down it's too late, but I just can't stop myself. My heart breaks each time, and it has never gotten easier for me.

   However, I love each and every moment with the animals, and cherish the joy they bring. It may not get easier,but the pros far out way the cons. It sometimes takes a little while for me to bounce back into the swing of things,but the animals always seem to know when I need a little extra love. So I mourn my loss, throw myself into the things I love to do, learn to appreciate life just a little bit more, and laugh as much as possible. Laughter is after all the best cure for the blues, and of course chocolate...Chocolate makes everything better! =)
                                                    

1 comment: